Friday, January 4, 2013

Annoying Tick

January 4th, 2013

Around 11:30am today, I met with a well-known lady in our state who works closely with teachers to help bring the best in our Deaf/Hard of Hearing students. She is an actual Med-El client with bilateral implants and have been very successful with them. As we were discussing about my upcoming surgery and my many questions I wanted to ask about ranging from the after effects of surgery to how long did she actually start responding to the sounds clearly...she interrupted me and said, "You know I can hear that annoying tick behind me!" I had NO CLUE what she was talking about...as it turned out, there was a preschooler in there working with her before I walked in and she said he was playing with a cooking timer. Once the room went silent, I could barely hear the ticking. It just AMAZED/FLOORED me that she had a progressive hearing loss that led to profound deafness and she could hear with her implants!! How AWESOME and beautiful technology can be!!! I can't wait to start my adventure!


No comments:

Post a Comment